Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Aargh Matey!

In case you didn't know, Kaemon loves pirates. Grandma Waford gave him a real pirate ship complete with some booty (that is pirate treasure), cannons and a brig. He also has some pirate books. One of them has a glossary at the end with pirate words and phrases that he has been incorporating into his vocabulary. For example:

  • Walk the plank you scurvy dog!
  • Shiver me timbers!
  • Aargh matey!
  • My dad is stronger than your dad.

OK, that last one is not in the pirate book, but he does say that to other little kids. Hey - a pirate has to have some back up sometimes. He also told me that pirates only like kisses from their moms so that is a relief for me.

The other night when he was saying his prayers he said, "Thank you that I am a pirate and I get lot's of money and treasure."

What a good boy.

4 comments:

Tiffany G said...

That is adorable! Gotta love boys!

KimberLeigh said...

He rocks! :) Love it!

Mindy said...

That is quite the pirate ship - I thought it was going to be a little Fisher Price one when you first talked about it! Shiver me timbers, Neverland is never going to be the same again! ☺

Just now, I had three of my own little wide-eyed pirates standing around the computer screen mesmerized by the pics of the cool ship, and asking when we can go to Logan again!

the Kates said...

what a kid!